Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Bored again and again

Believe it or not I am going into my 7th months with ROSEN. Quite an achievement for myself. Why? Because I have never been very loyal when it comes to work. Trust me I bored with things even worse a girl change their handbags or a tech freak change their gadgets. True story.

First place I worked at is Aquaria KLCC as a part time Customer Service Assistant. At first I was happily working there when suddenly every friends that I have made there quit the job or be changed to another department. I was left alone in the CSA department, moving nowhere. So I decide to find some other places before I got another job in a traveling agency company called Tri-D Travel and Tours.

Sales executive was my position there. What is my role? To make sales for the company from the government sectors. I am a newbie in that area but I guess I was just trying to guess what will be my greatest ability. It was okay traveling every single day and work without any time boundaries. I get to see people and talk about anything to get a strong relationship bonding for me to do my work. Made some new friends and clients. But shit happened and I started to get bored with the work. So I decide, let's go back to studying and finish my degree.

4 years I stopped working and concentrate on my studies. I didn't do any good anyway but at least I have finished my studies with a scroll in my hand. Yeah ho!

Back to job hunting again. JobStreet, StarJobs and almost all engineering companies website is what I looked at every single minute. Until I got a few interviews before I was offered an acceptable salary at Bright Fire Protection. A company which work 6 days a week with some crappy office I must say. Guess how long I was there? 4 days before I got an interview at Matco Malaysia Sdn Bhd. Why leave? Because I think I don't agree with working 6 days a week, in an office. No one does that anymore. Can you please get a newspaper and read some statistics, Mr Bright Fire Protection? Thank you.

Matco Malaysia. An Oil and Gas Instrumention company. Providing instrumentation equipments and services for Oil and Gas pipeline. The post? Sales and Technical Engineer. What did I do? Sales, proposals, documentations, invoices and quotations. I did enjoy learning about instrumentations when I realized my learning curve was very shallow. A lot to learn but limited to only a certain level. And a very confusing management. I got bored with the job, AGAIN. The website is my best friend from that moment onwards. I was looking for a field job actually but my current post in Matco doesn't give me much opportunity to travel and get the field experience that I want. Then I got an interview which I have to lie to get a leave that I am not entitled to. Unpaid leave we all call it. But the risk taken paid off when I was offered a position at ROSEN Inspection as a Survey Engineer.

In May, after going for a holiday with my fiancee's family in New Zealand, I reported to ROSEN Inspection for my first day. A lot of new things that I need to learn when I was nearly gave up. If it wasn't because I want to get married, I would have leave at that time and look for another job. Staying in the company make me actually love my job and I started to love traveling.

Long story short, here I am. Still standing strong in ROSEN. Tomorrow is my appraisal interview and presentation. Slides ready and I am good to go. Few things are in my head right now but I need to do what I have to do.

Morale of the story : Some risk are worth to be taken. Just trust yourself and be strong.

Lastly, I will still love you even for another thousand years to come, Baby D

No comments:

Post a Comment